Friday, December 31, 2010

So it begins...

We found out that we were officially adding to our family on a Thursday afternoon in August after coming home from work. I'd been feeling different since Sunday. For the first two days I kept it to myself, thinking that maybe I was just having an off day or two, but on the third day I told Brad that I thought I was pregnant. It was still too early to test, so we waited a few days. Brad kept trying not to keep my expectations low, but as I put it, "If I'm not pregnant I'll eat my shoe."

It was finally time to test, so I bought a package of tests. Since the tests work better first thing in the morning, I had planned to take it the next day, but my impatience got the better of me. Hey, there were three in the package right? All of a sudden I got very nervous and I'm not sure why. I asked Brad if I could give him the test so he could read it first, and he agreed. I did my thing, was quickly cleaning up and throwing out packaging which must have taken all of 20 seconds, and when I came to grab the test to give to Brad, it was already displaying:


I went in the office to show Brad and he got this big smile on his face and we hugged and were very happy. Then we started the agonizing (for me) wait for the 12 week mark when we could start telling people!

No comments:

Post a Comment